Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Big News!

This Monday I took Traci to New York City which was part of her Christmas present. We got off of the train in Penn Station and started the day with lunch at Serendipity 3. Then we started walking all through the city checking out attractions and stores along the way. Eventually we ended up in Washington Square at 5PM only to find that the whole park was in a shambles, they were doing construction on the park. This foiled my plans so quickly thinking on my feet I recommended we hop on the subway and catch the sunset over Upper New York Bay from Battery Park. It was there that I told Traci I loved her and proposed. She said yes! Below is a picture from the train ride back.

Rick



PS. I was originally planning on proposing in Washington Square and couldn't help but laugh when I saw that it was such a mess. I really think that God was laughing at me right then and I had no idea what I was going to do. Fortunately we made it there ahead of schedule so I quickly decided to catch the sunset from Battery Park. Everything worked out in the end and I was actually glad I did it there because it was less crowded. The moral of this story is that you should always have a backup plan when it comes to proposing. Guys don't be like me, take note now.

13 comments:

Christopher said...

so not many people know this, but a bunch of us Drexel folk were gambling on when Rick was going to propose.

Caleb S - March 31
Cameron - April 7
Alex M. - April 14
Chris F - April 15
Gus - May 5
Nathan - May 15
Will M. - June 6
Shaun K - June 7

Caleb is the big winner (well actually, I guess Rick is!)

JMac said...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Emily said...

congratulations rick!!! :)

p.s. whatever happened to the six month plan?? =p

Unknown said...

Congrats, Ricky! =)

JMac said...

Technically speaking, Chris, nobody (except Rick of course) wins. If we play by the rules typically used on such prestigious television shows like "The Price Is Right", the winner is the closest bidder that stays under the actual value. Since everybody bid over the actual value, everybody is disqualified.

William Mulgrew said...

Wow, I was way off. I guess 9 months is a really bad courtship model. I shall consult his knowledgeableness, Joshua Harris, for the proper courtship duration. ;-)

Congrats Rick and Traci! The Healey House will gain another family member :-)

Nathan said...

Alas for my lack of faith in not thinking the hand of God could move sooner...

Congratulations Rick and Traci!

Unknown said...

Yay!! I love you two.

Ms. S said...

Congrats Rick and Traci! That is wonderful for you both!

meg said...

brother to be-
good thinkin with the backup plan.
and matt is sorry about the mishap friday.
or at least i am sorry for him.
nevertheless, we are both very excited.
matt sends a hug.
-meg

Jeremy said...

Isaiah 55:9

Congratulations Rick!

Helen said...

Congratulations, Rick!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again to both Rick and Traci. Life is great, love it together.

bud