Friday, February 1, 2008

The Shambles?

I've decided to start a blog. I'm sure some of you are asking why do we need another blog and what is the shambles anyway. First I hope this serves as a wealth of information for all that's going on in the college age ministry at Covenant Fellowship Church. I'm not very good at sending out emails as reminders so this is my personal attempt to bring organization to my life. Also I'll be posting with some other guys who I've invited to join the ranks of my blog team. Be sure to check each week for posts on what God is doing in our lives and on what is being read in Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology as well.

To answer the second question now...why the shambles? Well, when things are in shambles they are in a state of disarray. I figured that this word most accurately described the lives of most of the college students I know. It also helps to describe the eclectic nature of posts that will be occuring. Leo is also part of the blog team...enough said.

Last, my favorite part of this blog is probably the calendar at the bottom. Check it out, read the instructions, and keep updated on what's going on. Make sure to pass this site on to any college students you know. I'll start posts tomorrow.

Rick

8 comments:

JMac said...

Huzzah!

Christopher said...

and we got Jmac commenting - enough said. haha

Steve Praz said...

I'm pretty sure it's mandatory for jmac to commemorate any new blog with a hearty "Huzzah!"

Looking good so far Rick.

Anonymous said...

Your face is the shambles...

Christopher said...

Hey Colin, it might be good to make your name easier to recognize...

Unknown said...

yes, that is true Chris, but his comment easily identifies him ;-)

JMac said...

Correct Steve, I am a blog nerd...er...connoisseur...

Anonymous said...

And here I thought that a simple anagram would be sufficient... very well I will change it...