Monday, June 2, 2008

Masculinity and Desire

This post probably has nothing to do with what you originally thought when you read the title. This post is actually about New Attitude and what I encountered on the trip. First is the topic of masculinity. I managed to grab this shot of an unnamed upcoming senior pastor at Covenant Fellowship while in the Philadelphia Airport. So this is some advice to guys. If you are going to serve your wife by taking her luggage for her at the airport, first check what she brought everything in. It's worth the investment to get your wife a bag that looks cool and not quite so girly.


The second topic of this post is on desire as it pertains to the word of God. During the fifth session of New Attitude 2008 Eric Simmons talked about why we diligently believe and study the scriptures. His first point was that we do this because they reveal Jesus Christ. At the end of that point he made this statement, "Perhaps I don't diligently study God's word because I love something else more." This may be a very simple and obvious statement but it's one the should demand our time in considering. If I do not diligently study God's word what is it that I love more, that demands my attention? And what do I need to do to change my priorities? This is a question I plan on spending some time asking myself and evaluating where I need change.

rick

No comments: